Matthew Vultaggio aka Best Friends Club is a Canadian lofi/house producer and DJ with support from an unusual variety of artists including Martin Garrix and Foals.
The varied support is probably due to the variety in the sound so unapologetically unique to Best Friends Club. Pop sensibilities are borrowed from artists like Tom Misch and Kaytranada. The composition and arrangement from artists like Black Loops, Bellaire, and Harrison BDP. And these modern influences are balanced alongside the undeniably influential soul and vibe of black artists like Bill Withers, Gil-Scot Heron and Sade.
By combining all of these varied interests with creative cues from sample-based hip hop and thoughtful jazz legends of the past, Best Friends Club’s deep house treatment is distinctly modern and instantly classic.
- In 2019, Best Friends Club produced and released a new song every single week.
- In June 2020, Martin Garrix added the Best Friends Club song Lilo to his playlist, Martin Garrix Radio, which is “A weekly selection of tracks that I love to listen to at home or play out at a party.”
- In June 2020, MrSuicideSheep (12.5 M subscribers) added the Best Friends Club song Lilo to their playlist “Strictly to the Beat | House | Tech”.
- In July 2020, UK rock band Foals liked and commented on the Best Friends Club remix of the Foal’s song Wash Off.
- In October 2020, Spotify added the Best Friends Club remix of Malory’s song Killer Cut Offs to their “Fresh Finds: Basement” editorial playlist.
- April 27, 2020 – The Morning After EP (Calls & Puts Records)
- May 24, 2020 – Orbiting (self-released) – 4.8k streams on Spotify
- June 28, 2020 – Lilo (self-released) – 7.9k streams on Spotify
- August 30, 2020 – Kuebiko (self-released) – 4.6k streams on Spotify
- October 2, 2020 – Daydrunk EP (Extreme Music)
If you’d like to contact me for whatever reason, just hit me up at firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂
I also proudly acknowledge the financial support of FACTOR, the Government of Canada, and Canada’s private radio broadcasters. 🙂